Workshop Day – Thursday, 27 September 2018
Risk Culture Building Workshop
Building a robust and pervasive risk management culture in your organisation for long-term viability transformation.
8:00 am - 8:30 am Registration and coffee
8:30 am - 12:30 pm Workshop sessionsHorst Simon - Risk Culture Builder and Business Risk Officer, Capricorn Investment Group
Session 1: Overview of people risk and the latest developments
- Overview of People Risk and Risk Culture and the importance of paying attention to people risk
- The advantages of ERM and an effective risk culture and how to drive the value-add aspect
- Establish the internal and external context of risk culture and attitude, objectives and sustainable development
- Apply ERM theory to the needs of the organisation
- People Risk and how to build a people risk mitigation strategy
- Practical People Risk Assessment exercise
- How to learn from the mistakes of others and the vast experience of the course presenter
Session 2: What is the level of risk maturity in my company?
How to build and implement an effective risk sanctioning process – Practical study on how to evaluate the existing ERM framework and level of ERM culture maturity and how to identify focus areas and next steps.
- How to assess the level of maturity in your organisation?
- How to build and evaluate the results of the assessment and to build an action plan that can help to achieve the desired levels of maturity
- Practical guidance and a tool to do this in your organisation
Session 3: Risk culture building
- How to turn the results of your maturity assessment into an executable plan to build an effective risk culture in your organization
Horst SimonRisk Culture Builder and Business Risk Officer
Capricorn Investment Group
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm Lunch and networking
1:30 pm - 1:30 pm End of workshop day